Guys. Guys. You guys. CHECK THIS OUT. If I ever doubted my decision to buy a waffle iron (which, let’s face it, I have never done, but just pretend…), this little food adventure completely changed my mind. This will be a short post because this recipe is SO freaking easy, which is good, because why spend time reading when you could be using that time to buy a waffle iron. Well, go on, what are you waiting for?!
WAFFLE IRON CINNAMON ROLLS
(should make 5 servings…but it made 2 oops)
- 1 container vegan cinnamon rolls (I used Trader Joe’s brand…I’m kind of obsessed with that store)
- Non-stick cooking spray (to coat the inside of the waffle maker)
1) Remove cinnamon rolls from the package and separate them. Ours kind of stuck together, but really they’re gonna get waffled anyway so it didn’t matter.
2) Allow the waffle iron to heat up, then spray the surface with non-stick spray.
3) Squish as many cinnamon rolls as you can onto the iron. They may stick out a little bit, but that’s okay.
4) Allow the cinnamon rolls to cook for about 7-8 minutes. Your kitchen will smell heavenly.
5) Open the lid and check the rolls. If one side doesn’t cook fully (perhaps because it was bulging out the sides), remove the cooked part, shift the uncooked part to the inside of the waffle iron, and allow it to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
6) Divide up your cinnamon roll waffle into as many servings as you like and drizzle icing over them.
That’s it. Mind blown. Bam.